Sunday, September 29, 2013

ARC REVIEW ~Secret Surrender by Priscilla West~

Title: Secret Surrender
Author: Priscilla West
Series: Surrender #2
Release Date: September 30, 2013

My Rating: 4.5 Stars



“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

I knew that giving in to Vincent Sorenson was a risk, but it was one I was willing to take. I had hidden my heart for so long and for the first time in a long time, Vincent was close to breaking down the walls.

When a trip to Vincent’s exclusive private island reveals the real Vincent underneath the layers of suave nonchalance, I thought we were close to the start of something special.

Just when things were looking up for us, I would discover the one secret that Vincent never intended for me to find.

So, I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of the second book in the Surrender as well. And can I just say that Secret Surrender is magnificent! I said the Forbidden Surrender was a great start to the series, and Secret Surrender was Forbidden ten-fold. We get much more sexy time for Kristen and Vincent, and a real look at how their relationship will function. 

"How could he go from having passionate sex to being all business so quickly?
~Kristen

Secret Surrender brought forward the real worry of Kristen fraternizing with a client and how it began to effect her work life. We also see more "dates", if you can even call a weekend island getaway a date. I love the chemistry between Kristen and Vincent. They have this real quality to them, despite the extravagant dates they don't have a fairy tale quality to them. Vincent works hard as the CEO of his company, and Kristen proves her intelligence at her firm. With the exception of their world-wind romance, I was able to connect with these two and actually see a relationship with open communication, for the most part, and work put into it. But, then out come the secrets. Kristen has to be understanding, in a situation where she'd rather spit nails.  And Vincent has to tread carefully, or risk losing her.  Despite their troubles, I was jealous of these two for having such an abundance of fantastic sex. Seriously? Share with the rest of us please! 

"Spunky on the outside, soft on the inside, You're quite the combination."
~Vincent

I think Secret Surrender solidified this series as a must-read. The emotions evoked in this book are so much more dynamic, than in the previous one. And for those of you wondering, it is still on the short side, BUT with so much going on it didn't feel lacking at all! I will warn you though, there is a cliff hanger, and I kind of saw it coming but that didn't stop my heart from almost beating out of my chest, and there is a possibility that I yelled "Oh, come on! Seriously?!?!" Yes, I was a bit angsty with this ending. HOWEVER, the finale is coming out in late October! Yay!!! I am in love with this series, and cannot wait for the conclusion!

Happy Reading!
*ARC provided by the author, no review required, I just really wanted to share my love of this book!*



Links to Buy:


Author Links:
      

No comments:

Post a Comment