Friday, September 6, 2013

Bella Andre: Always on My Mind

Title: Always on My Mind
Author: Bella Andre
Series: The Sullivans #8
Release Date: March 5, 2013 

My Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis:
Lori “Naughty” Sullivan finally falls in love in ALWAYS ON MY MIND, the new book in Bella Andre’s New York Times and USA Today bestselling series about the Sullivan family.

After a tragic loss three years ago, Grayson Tyler left his life in New York City behind and started over in the rolling hills of the California coast. He's convinced himself that all he'll ever need again is the blue sky, a thousand acres of pasture, and the crashing waves of the ocean. Until one day, Lori Sullivan barges into his life and promptly blows his emotionless and solitary world to shreds, driving him crazy as only a woman nicknamed “Naughty” can. But will Lori be able to convince him that it's safe to love her...and that forever isn't actually out of reach?

My Review: 
I'm finally catching up on one of my favorite series! Part of me wanted to put off Always on My Mind because I have been waiting SO long for Naughty's story that I did not want it to be over. I could only put it off for so long, I needed to know who was stubborn and willful enough to win Lori's heart.

Bella Andre has an extraordinary gift for storytelling. I think I have read almost all of her books to date and they are all remarkable, and Always on My Mind is no exception. From the moment Grayson and Lori lay eyes on each other, they connect on a level that is mind-boggling. With a look and a snarky exchange these two lost souls recognize kindred spirits in one another. Well, that's it right? 20 pages in and we have our HEA... not quite. Remember that stubborn comment I made earlier? These two have stubbornness in spades. Lori comes to Grayson's farm to apply for the farmhand position, which is one of the top 3 most laughable scenes in this book. After about two scenes with our hero and heroine I have the feeling Grayson would have given Lori the nickname "Naughty" if she didn't already have it. This woman is nothing but trouble, and Grayson, try as he might, cannot resist her charm and allure.

Lori is running from her present, while Grayson is running from his past. Eventually, they help each other heal and confront their problems. I'm not sure I have ever seen a couple written this way before. Ms. Andre develops her characters in a way that it is hard to believe they aren't real and living out their happily ever afters. I feel like she kicked it up a notch with Grayson and Lori. They have a connection that most would love to have, and they are so in tune to one another. This story made my ribs hurt from laughter, and warmed my heart. Always on My Mind is one of those books that plays vividly in your mind while you're reading it. Bella Andre rounds out the Sullivan siblings with a bang that you do not want to miss. Grayson, with his gruff but lovable nature, and Lori, with her charm and sass make a perfect couple! While this is the final Sullivan siblings book, Ms. Andre has already continued with the Sullivan cousins (Rafe's book is already available) and will be publishing Mary Sullivan's book on September 24, 2013!

Happy Reading!



Links to Buy:
          Author Links:
         

No comments:

Post a Comment