Friday, September 20, 2013

REVIEW: Real ~ Katy Evans

Title: Real
Author: Katy Evans
Series: Real, Raw & Ripped #1
Release Date: April 8, 2013

My Rating: 5+ Stars

Synopsis:
He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I've ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

My Review:
Oh boy, Real has got to be one of the best books of the year.

Yes, I'm late to the Remy party, but I'm here and and I could not be more excited! This book was intense, fun and heart-wrenching. Remington "Riptide" Tate is not like everyone else, he cannot control his anger or mood swings, and most of those who see his darker side fear him. Enter Brooke. She cannot help but be drawn to this enigmatic guy. For their own reasons neither Brooke nor Remy will give into their passion at first. Don't fret though, it was not one of those frustrating cat and mouse chases. Yes, they have their ups and downs, which their passion fuels, but it is all worth the wait. Their journey was so enthralling, I couldn't predict what anyone was going to do, but I could not wait to find out!

"Because I hate what he does to me. I hate that I want him like this, I hate that I feel so volatile, I want to tear his eyes out and then go cry about it."
~Brooke

Remy has finally found someone he can trust, that won't hurt him, and that truly understands and loves him without question. Brooke has had a rough go after graduating college, but Remy fixes her unemployment problem. Before Brooke even starts to work with Remy he has become so much more than her employer. Remy and Brooke have this instant connection, and hold great protectiveness for each other. Finally, we see a story where the woman is just as, if not more, fiercely protective of her man. She even goes to the lengths of protecting him from those he has known for years. They share their secrets with one another, and refuse to let anyone in their bubble. Brooke provides a security for Remy and saves him from himself and others unlike anyone else in his life... but she also evokes those darkest feelings and urges that she has to save him from. Their relationship is a lot of give and take, and Brooke has to force him to see reason more than once. They don't just connect on an emotional level, their time between the sheets is HOT! There were quite a few time where I had put my ereader down and control my blushing. Brooke and Remy have found equals in each other and I am so excited to see where their journey leads them.

"I want you to be my fucking REAL."
~Remy 

The circumstances behind Real are very intriguing. It is rare that we see an author take on, what some might call a stigma such as the one discussed in Real, and it is done beautifully no less. It was not just a gloss over point, Katy Evans digs deep behind the why and how with Remy and still writes a very captivating story that I loved. She conveys such raw emotions it will make your heart ache... in a good way :) These characters made me feel their pain and happiness and by the end I was completely invested in their lives. I am so thrilled this will be an ongoing series and we will see more of Remy and Brooke!
*Note: Target's paperback version has a bonus scene that you don't want to miss!*

Happy Reading!


Links to Buy:
         
Author Links:
         

No comments:

Post a Comment