Friday, October 4, 2013

REVIEW ~Found In You by Laurelin Paige~

Title: Found In You
Author: Laurelin Paige
Series: Fixed #2
Release Date: September 30, 2013

My Rating: 5 Stars

Alayna Withers has only had one kind of relationship: the kind that makes her obsessive and stalker-crazy. Now that Hudson Pierce has let her into his heart, she’s determined to break down the remaining walls between them so they can build a foundation that’s based on more than just amazing sex. Except Hudson’s not the only one with secrets.

With their pasts pulling them into a web of unfounded mistrust, Alayna turns to the one person who knows Hudson the best—Celia, the woman he almost married. Hoping for insight from someone who understands all sides of the story, Alayna forms a bond with Celia that goes too far—revealing things about Hudson that could end their love for good.

This is the first relationship where Alayna hasn’t spiraled out of control. And she might lose Hudson anyway…

It's all the emotions in one twisted, steamy, amazing package. Found In You is chock-full of drama and sex and brilliant writing. As many of you know I was completely enthralled by Fixed On You, and I was so thrilled when I found out the Found In You was coming out shortly after I had finished the first one. I don't know what it is about this series, but I just want more! It's so captivating, and at times it can seem so glamorous and then you turn the page and your heart stops for a second. Found In You has the same momentum as its predecessor, it is a very fast-paced book and there is never a dull moment. Truthfully, I was a bit flabbergasted at the beginning when it was mentioned that the first book had occurred in the time span of a week. A week?? That is a whole lotta sex, and a whole lotta life to live in a week! But, the timing of it all did not ruin the perfectly crafted dream-world the story had pulled me into. From the moment I started reading this book I felt like I was seeing everything, in my mind of course, as it was happening. I could picture every character, every setting, and could feel every emotion. And let me just say, I would not mind being Alayna for a day, or forever, OCD and all. Hudson is just about the yummiest book boyfriend of 2013. Yes, a strong declaration indeed, but I said, and I stand by it!

"I loved to be handled by him. Adored it. Craved it. Hudson, though- his walls weren't as easy to overcome. They were mountains."
~Alayna

We start off Found In You right where Fixed On You left off. Laynie and Hudson have made amends and are making a real go of their relationship. And cheers for Laynie, because in the opening scene she finally gets to see Hudson's home at The Bowery, and that empty library (PS just the thought of the library makes me swoon). Also, this penthouse? Looks fabulous in my imagination. Back to the subject at hand, speaking of hands, once Laynie and Hudson take theirs off one another long enough to join the real world they are such a power couple. Laynie is developing more ideas for the club, while Hudson is plotting on how to get back one of his companies. It's all very corporate couple-ish for a bit.

"I've never been your boss, Alayna. If anything, you're the one who owns me."
~Hudson

Then Hudson and Laynie start bobbing and weaving with their secrets. These two come to blows quite a few times throughout the book, and while I think at times they were both pulling their manipulative shit they also had some valid accusations for one another. But hey, it's all part of learning to become a couple, especially with their histories. And I think everyone wishes they could end their fights the way Alayna and Hudson do.. with someone pushed up against a random surface and an abundance of pleasure. Normally when a couple always ends their fights in sex I would get annoyed, but with Laynie and Hudson their intimacy is a way to hone their destructive tendencies. It allows them to avoid disaster. 

"Right then I didn't care about anything but the man in front of me. the man inside me. The man who wanted me, wanted me in his house, wanted me in his bed. Wanted me in his life despite my shortcomings."
~Alayna

I loved that Laynie didn't just magically think she was cured once she and Hudson became a couple, they both continue to struggle with their obsessions throughout the book. They also learn to talk, or shout, through their problems and come to a common ground... for the most part. There were so many secrets flying around I didn't know which one was going to cause the biggest problem. Some of the problems I saw coming but, others I felt like I got hit by a 2x4. It comes to a point where Alayna and Hudson have to make a choice, are they going to believe in one another despite their troubled pasts, or will they let the doubt creep in a destroy them before they even get started? Trust me when I say this book is a whirlwind, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

"I've never been more serious Alayna. You're the first person I've ever met who makes me believe I might not be crazy. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."
~Hudson

I was actually very afraid how the second book was going to end, we were spared a cliffhanger in the first but, I didn't think Ms. Paige was going to be so kind to us a second time. However, she was,or at least in my mind she was. There was a trickle of "hmmmm that is some mighty fine foreshadowing" at the very end, but it was nothing heart attack worthy, that came earlier :) I'm just going to say that Laurelin Paige is one of my all time favorite authors. Her stories are so intricate and alluring, and her characters are so intriguing. With both of her books I have finished them and felt both bereft and giddy at the same time. Hudson and Alayna have definitely wormed their way into my bookshelf and my heart. I feel so much for them and the hand they have been dealt, and am so grateful they have found one another. I know their story is far from over and I cannot wait until Forever With You in January 2014!

Happy Reading!

Links to Buy:
   
Author Links:
   


No comments:

Post a Comment