Friday, November 8, 2013

REVIEW ~Snowbound with the CEO by Shannon Stacey~

Title: Snowbound with the CEO
Author: Shannon Stacey
Release Date: November 4, 2013

My Rating: 4 Stars
Adrian Blackstone built a million-dollar business with hard work and determination—and by remaining professional at all times. Denying his longtime attraction to his beautiful executive assistant hasn't been easy but it's necessary. She's indispensable, and he can't stand the thought of losing her if things didn't work out.

For more than a year, Rachel Carter has been quietly dreaming of all the ways she'll never seduce her sexy, buttoned-up boss. She's worked too hard to get where she is to cross that line, no matter how badly she'd like to act on her fantasies. But then a wicked snowstorm leaves them stranded in a romantic winter wonderland…

What begins as a single kiss and a few bad Santa jokes turns into a weekend full of breathless passion and hopes for something more. But with Monday comes a return to their complicated reality—and Adrian must prove that promises made are promises kept, especially at Christmastime.
Snowbound with the CEO is a perfect, quick winter read. It's definitely everything I look for in a novella. I also have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, this was my first Shannon Stacey book and you can bet I will be reading her in the future. What was wonderful about this book was, what I call the "sweet heat." You get the sweetness between the couple but, also some heat as well. 

I know we all love an alpha man but, I think Adrian Blackstone is my new favorite type of hero. He's very hot, very sweet and extremely sexy. It was a nice break from the angsty, "he-man" routine. And Rachel Carter is everything you could ask for in a heroine. She's got the no-mess attitude but, the soft side when it comes to her man. This book serves up a heated weekend, stuck in the mountains. Yes, there's regular winter activities to do but, Adrian and Rachel would rather snuggle up with one another. While they haven't given in to their attraction before this fated trip, they have lusted for quite some time, making their eventual relationship much more explosive. And I as a reader thoroughly enjoyed every bit of their journey.

I love a good office romance, and this one definitely delivered. It may have been a bit predictable but, still enjoyable. What made it different and/or better was the characters and their demeanor. Shannon Stacey has created very lovable and likable characters that I got invested in. And let me just add that the epilogue was so lovely that I read it twice :) I'd definitely say that Snowbound with the CEO is a should-read for the holidays!

Happy Reading!
*ARC provided by the author/publisher for an honest review*
Links to Buy:
Connect with Shannon:

No comments:

Post a Comment