Tuesday, January 6, 2015

REVIEW ~Falling Away by Penelope Douglas~

Title: Falling Away
Author: Penelope Douglas
Series: Fall Away #3
Release Date: January 6, 2015

My Rating: 5+ Stars
Jaxon is the guy she’s supposed to avoid.

K.C. is the girl he won’t let get away....

K. C. Carter has always followed the rules—until this year, when a mistake leaves her the talk of her college campus and her carefully arranged life comes crashing to a halt. Now she’s stuck in her small hometown for the summer to complete her court-ordered community service, and to make matters worse, trouble is living right next door.

Jaxon Trent is the worst kind of temptation and exactly what K.C. was supposed to stay away from in high school. But he never forgot her. She was the one girl who wouldn’t give him the time of day and the only one to ever say no. Fate has brought K.C. back into his life—except what he thought was a great twist of luck turns out to be too close for comfort. As the bond between them grows, he discovers that convincing K.C. to get out from her mother’s shadow is hard, but revealing the darkest parts of his soul is nearly impossible.…

The clear cut conclusion I come to with this book is that it doesn't get any better. Jax and KC bring with them both lighthearted jabs and dark grit. I can't give enough credit to the complexity of these characters. Penelope truly let her author powers show while writing Falling Away. It made me laugh, had me on the verge of tears, and captivated me until the last jaw dropping moment. 

Jax and KC both have dark pasts. And while Jax defies his at every turn, KC almost let's it define her too much. Until they come together. Two people who dealt with devastation in very different ways come together and the dirt on their souls almost melts away. They learn from one another. They fight for each other. And I am so in love with how they love one another. 

For these two it was a story of heartbreak, loss, and becoming whole (both together and independently). It's been a while since I've read a book that spoke to me this loudly. Even though I can't imagine what Jax and KC went through in their lives, Ms. Douglas made them so incredibly relatable, that their every decision resonated with me and I swear I saw it playing out real time in my head. 

My only disappointment was that Jax might've beaten Jared out for my affection. He's just so flipping hot! Well so is Jared, but gah! Maybe it's not that he's better, but different in a wonderful way. I remember reading Bully the day it released without ever having heard of it before, and I still have that same intense "gimme more" feeling while reading Falling Away that I did when I read how Jared and Tate finally fell in love. KC and Jax are just as explosive, if not more so. If you want a book to take the highs higher and the lows lower this is the series for you. As suspected the Fall Away series remains in my Top 5 series recommendations so please go gorge yourself on this angsty, super sexy series. You won't regret it. 

Links to Buy:

THE FALL AWAY SERIES



Bully (book #1): Amazon | B&N | iBooks
Until You (book #1.5): Amazon | B&N | iBooks
Rival (book #2): Amazon | B&N | iBooks

Connect with Penelope:

No comments:

Post a Comment