Wednesday, March 18, 2015

RELEASE DAY REVIEW ~Coda by CD Reiss~

Title: Coda
Author: C.D. Reiss
Series: Songs of Submission #9
Release Date: March 18, 2015

My Rating: 5 Stars!
Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.

I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.

I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it.
Good thing this isn't written on paper or you might see the tear stains from this book turning me into a purely hot mess. I get it, I've read the entire series and her other series but good lord woman just once don't completely mind f*c* me. Just once. Hell, who am I kidding?!?! I loveeeee it. This book was the delicious marble-swirled topping to my favorite decadent, creamy chocolate cheesecake. Yes. THAT good. Just as my heart was mending back together and I felt a murmuring of warm fuzzies CD Reiss ripped all the color out of Jonathan and Monica's life... She made me hit a new emotional low for the series. One, quite frankly, I didn't think I could come back from. Leave to this delightfully twisted author to give the happiness we've all been dying for for 9 books back in just one scene. One scene at the end that puts the band-aids on your heart, pats you on the shoulder and gives you a slap on the ass for good luck into the future.

Obviously, by my semi-dramatic (okay, that may be an understatement) opening to this review Coda sent my emotions on the deadliest, scariest rollercoaster. You know that one that may make you cry while you're on it, but leave you feeling exhilarated and like you want to become an adrenaline junky? Yeah, that one. But looking back on this series, Monica and Jonathan deserved nothing less that the ending our Mistress have them. They fought will every ounce of their might to get where they ended up and that makes it worthwhile. That tenacity gets rid of any doubt I ever had in these two.

Simply put, it was beautiful. An exquisite finale that left me in a settled happy place instead of leaning over the abyss like the other books did. Don't get me wrong, I'll miss these two crazies and there's a definite emptiness feeling that comes with finishing their story. But they deserved that happily ever after. A LOT of blood, sweat and tears went into that happily ever after. I will make on not about this book - there was part of the book that hit an uncomfortable spot with me, truthfully, that scenario is incredibly difficult to read in any book, but for this one Ms. Reiss went so much further into detail and I about put the book down. But heed my warning, it's difficult yes, but when you get there just keep going. It'll get better and make sure you read the END NOTES!!! There is a personal note in there from C.D. Reiss that yes, broke my heart a little more, but also gave me the utmost respect and love for her as an author and her characters for being able to make convey the brokenheartedness I'm sure all readers felt while reading the book. All I can say BRAVO! An incredibly mind blowing ending to an already fantastic series!
Links to Buy:

SONGS OF SUBMISSION FULL SERIES BUNDLE

Title: Complete Submission
Author: C.D. Reiss
Series: Songs of Submission #1-8
Release Date: February 10, 2015
This bundle contains books 1-8 of the USA Today Bestselling Submission Series, and totals 1300 pages of intense, steamy romance that will leave you breathless.
***
Jonathan Drazen is a known womanizer and a gorgeous piece of man I’m not letting into my heart. I believe him when he says he can’t love me. I’m not looking to fall in love either.

Three nights, tops, then we part like physically satisfied grown ups. No harm, no foul.

But when I give him what he wants, I find I want it to, and when I submit myself to him, I feel whole. Am I wrong to need to submit so badly? And am I crazy for falling in love with such a dominant man?

This guy is going to break me into a million little pieces.
Links to Buy:

Meet C.D. Reiss:
CD Reiss lives smack in the middle of Los Angeles with her children and husband. She likes to make pretty pictures and write dirty scenes. She eats dark chocolate and chili, together, sometimes with bacon, and doesn't care what you think about that.

There are a million more things she could tell you about herself besides that, but they're all too boring to mention in company.







Connect with C.D. Reiss:

No comments:

Post a Comment